To retain the HRIP credential, IHRIM requires all candidates to recertify every three years either by accumulating 60 Recertification Program Credit Hours (RCH) through continuing education, instruction, research and publishing, membership in IHRIM, or recertification by examination.
Recertification by Examination
Recertification through Continuing Education and Professional Activities
- Encourage HR information management professionals to continue their ongoing professional education
- Encourage and recognize individualized learning opportunities
- Maintain current certification without retesting
- Sustain the global recognition and value of HRIP credentials
Your participation in continuing education activities indicates your commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
Recertification Application Process
- Earn and report a minimum of 60 recertification credit hours (RCH) during each three-year certification term
- Submit the IHRIM Recertification Application and Credit Report Form to IHRIM
- Submit renewal fee: IHRIM members: $110.00, non-members: $200.00
**Please note: if you do not have an account in IHRIM’s member database, you must first create a profile and then search for the fee under the Miscellaneous category. There are other options to choose from including the addition of membership renewal.
After processing the completed application and the renewal payment, IHRIM will send you an updated certificate via email with your new certification term dates.
Recertification Credit Hours (RCH)
Recertification Credit Hours (RCH) Categories
- 1A: IHRIM Membership
- 1B: Other Professional Membership
- 2A: Continuing Education Units/ Accredited College or University Credits
- 2B: IHRIM Professional Development
- 2C: Professional Development Offered by Other Education Providers
- 3A: Course Organizer, Faculty, Speaker at Accredited College or University
- 3B: Instructor/Presenter Credit
- 3C: Author Credit
- 3D: Volunteer Service